Friday, March 02, 2007

Overview and Background

I love movies. A lot.

The idea is to post one movie related article a day, preferably a film review, but I may write about other stuff as well.

I think a little background is in order.

What kinds of flicks do you watch?
Just about everything.

Theater or Rental?
Both, though I admit that my theater attendence has declined dramatically over the past several years. This is for a few reasons. First, most theaters are filled with people who don't really care about watching the movie, and would rather eat, go to the bathroom, talk to their companion, talk or text on their cellphone, etc. I try to go to weekday matinees when possible to avoid most of these folk. I refuse to go to a chain theater on a Friday or Saturday evening. I love seeing a flick that's been out for a while and having the whole theater to myself. Second, I've upgraded my home theater experience lately, and combined w/ Netflix, there's little reason to go to the Theater except to see something that really benefits from the Huge Screen. Pan's Labyrinth comes to mind.

Netflix? Really?
Yup. I've been a subscriber since 2000. With the exception of some postal-related problems that were eventually worked out, it been great.

What's the Home Theater like?
I recently upgrade to Sony's 70" SXRD set. I have an HTPC, HD-DVD and Blu-ray players, and of course a decent 5.1 system. It's not as good as a real theater, but I like it just fine.

No comments: