Wednesday, March 21, 2007

FAQ

Why do you moderate your comments?
Simple, really, I'm trying to keep this all profanity free and family friendly. I'm not above using profanity (wow, that was severe understatement), but I've made a conscious decision not to while writing this blog. I'll moderate comments to keep things clean and on point. Simple "you suck" flames will be rejected, but I'll approve comments that disagree with what I've posted, even if not particularaly well written.

What does the label "Recycled" mean?
A post labeled "Recycled" will be a review I wrote somewhere else and have reposted here. There aren't many of these.

What does the label "Recommended" mean?
A post labeled "Recommended" will be a review that I highly recommend you see. These will be generally be rated 8 or higher, though I will sometimes recommend a film that I didn't like for personal reasons. I may not recommend some films that I rate 8 or higher because I feel that they have very selective appeal and/or may be controversial. Brazil comes to mind.

What does the label "Throwback" mean?
A post labeled "Throwback" will be a review that I wrote from memory. I probably saw the film more than 3 or 4 months ago, and may have seen it several times. These reviews will tend to be more "feel" oriented.

No comments: