Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What (the heck) happened, and maybe some progress...

If you're reading this, you just might care, so here's what's been going on, and why the blog's been pretty much dead over the last 5+ months.

Basically, I fell in love. Again.

Shortly before the hiatus, I made a long trip to a far away city to visit family. The city is the one that I happened to have gone to college in. While I was there, I looked up an old friend, one whom I had loved very deeply and with which I had a beautiful and tragic romance. Fast forward a number of years, actually a great number of years, and here we were again.

There was dinner; and late night drinks and later night coffee. There was staring intently into each others eyes at a Farmer's Market. There was long distance romance, huge phone bills and frequent weekend flights.

Then, just before Christmas, on Dec. 21st, there was a 26' Penske diesel full of my crap driving a thousand plus miles to move in. Some months followed as did another Penske (highly recommended) with the rest of the junk.

And basically I've been busy being in love, adjusting to a new/old city and a new job, and trying to change in a few dozen other ways at the same time.

It occupies my time. I just haven't had the 3 hours a day required to watch and write.

I HAVE seen some film. My new SO, who we'll call Mo, actually convinced our alma mater to construct a BFA film program for her and was it's first graduate. She's all about the film too, and has actually studied it extensively, and so keeps me on my toes.

Hopefully some reviews will follow, though I'm not going to guarantee any particular frequency.

Thanks for your support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading Bill! Colorado has definitely lost one of the good ones :)

Good luck in Tehas.

Franz